I really fancied making something spring-like this month, that made me feel like the seasons had changed and Easter was just around the corner, so I opted for a spring wreath. I had a failed attempt at making a Christmas wreath and had lots of bits and bobs left over from these Christmas Baubles, so decided to put them to use by making a Spring Easter Wreath.
- Sharp Scissors
- Craft or floristry Wire (I used some jewellery wire I already had)
- A variety of fresh and dried flowers
- Sphagnum Moss (easily found on EBay)
- Some Eggs or Easter Decorations
- Firstly, make your wreath using the above tutorials and leave to ‘take shape’ for a day or two.
- Go foraging for flowers in woods, meadows or maybe (like me) just on grass verges and your own garden.
- Add the stronger stem flowers or plants first, weaving them into the wreath. I used Pussy Willow first and then added sprigs of Cow Parsley and some yellow flowers (I have no idea on flower names – but they looked pretty)!!
- Next add some Sphagnum moss between the vines and add the more fragile flowers. Having looked all the names up, I used Chrysanthemums and dried Lagrus and dried Craspedia)!!
- Lastly, I added some fake quail eggs (I cheated a little bit and bought these but the rest was stash busting and using up bits and bobs of crafts!)
Happy Easter everyone! We’re looking forward to getting our Easter Tree out of the loft and dusting it down, some special Church services and a few family filled days with plenty of chocolate!
Why not check out the rest of the Craft Challenge Participants and see what they made this month!