Saturday was one of those frustrating, nothing-done-kind-of-days. There were lots of jobs started and nothing completed (including half pulling up the carpets in our hall to check the state of the floorboards!) Miss Elle was at a friend’s house and Fin-bob and Orla were moping around the place, disappointed with the Autumnal Rainy Weather.
Orla’s favourite thing to say at the moment, particularly when she’s bored is ‘let’s do some gluing’ so I agreed that we could make something out of the Autumn Leaves we had collected on a walk the previous day, something that also involved ‘gluing’.
Aren’t these leaf people charming? Fin and Orla have named them and placed them in pride of place by their beds!
If you’d like to make your own leaf people, you will need………
- Autumn Leaves
- Toilet Roll
- Googly Eyes
- Pipe Cleaners (or sticks)
- Buttons or Jewels or mini pom-poms
- Paint your toilet roll and leave to dry.
- Take your leaf and draw a face on it and stick on some googly eyes.
- When your toilet roll is dry, poke holes in the sides of the toilet roll and add the pipe cleaners or sticks to make arms.
- Stick your leaf, as a face onto your toilet roll.
- Embellish with mini-buttons, mini pom poms or jewels as buttons down his front.
- Name your little leaf person!