Quite a while ago we had a ballet party for Elodie involving quite a lot of tulle and netting which has been brought out for many a party since. So I decided to make a cute little Pom Pom necklace out of it as a wee pressie for Elodie’s brilliant dance exam results. (She recently worked her little socks off for a number of dance exams).
If you’d like to make some Tulle Pom Pom necklaces, you will need……
- Tulle in a few different colours (or netting)
- Leather Necklace Thread
- Needle and Thread
- Piece of Card
- Wire (jewellery wire or any wire will do)
1) First you have to decide the size of your tulle pom-pom, I cut a piece of card about 10cm long and wrapped the tulle/ netting around the card about 20 times.
2) Slide the tulle off the card and tie the wire around the middle of the tulle pile.
3) Cut one end of your tulle pile and fluff out the tulle around the wire to make a pom pom.
4) Make 3-4 mini pom pom tulle balls and sew them together horizontally with a needle and thread. Pull them tightly so they sit offset to each other.
5) Tie a secure knot in the end of the tulle ball.
6) Sew one end of the leather necklace thread to one of the end tulle balls. Repeat on the other side.
Please check out the rest of the Craft Challenge Participants and see what they made this month!