Happy New Year! I hope all is well with you, and that you had a wonderful holiday time. We’ve had such a lovely Christmas. It’s been so nice to just chill out and spend time with the family and we really have. I can’t remember a lazier, cosier, more pajama-clad time ever! After our lovely Christmas and Boxing Day with the family, we spent a few days at home – playing with our new toys, pottering around, having a little clear out, trying to get organised. The days were peppered with scooter trips out on the kids new scooters – it’s been a lovely holiday.
And as I’m back to work on the 2nd and the kids the third (isn’t that ridiculously way too early?!) It feels like New Year’s Eve is like the last party of this holiday season before we hit the ground hard and get back to reality. Normally we spend New Year’s Eve with friends but this year we’re home just as a family.
So, we’re planning a few little things to do as a family on New Year’s Eve. We’re planning to blow up 12 balloons, each with a little family activity in and then pop them throughout the day – possibly on the hour (obviously running our day from 7am-7pm so as not to keep them up too late!) We’re sort of aiming for this (with thanks to Life with Moore Babies for this idea!)
Here are the things we are planning……….
- Writing our stars for our thankful tree and 2018 bucket list (see last year’s post here all about our thankful tree.)There are lots of variations on this idea – we use our Advent Tree to hang our thank yous on but I love this Printable New Year’s Eve Gratitude Garland and this New Year’s Eve Wishing Wall.
- A little walk in the fresh air with friends
- Making Pizza for dinner.
- Play Charades (Finlay’s new favourite game)
- Play Face the Cookie and Suck it Up (Thanks to these Family Fun Night Ideas from The Chaos and the Clutter)
- Make kiddies cocktail (sparkly water and fruit juice) and have a toast!
- Play New Year’s Eve Eye Spy with this free printable!
- Have a reminisce and fill in this New Year’s Eve Journal – looking back on 2017. Check out this free printable here….
- Colour in a Mandala Coloured Countdown Clock. Our little people love colouring in so I’m hoping these will keep them busy for a while!
- Take some silly photos with these fab New Year’s Eve Photo Props!
- We got lots of play-doh for Christmas so we’re going to cheat a little and not actually make any – but instead decorate it with sparkles and sequins! See here for Buggy and Buddy’s celebration play-doh if you’d like to make your own!
- Make some fruit rockets – these so look the part!
Here’s Finlay playing ‘Face the Cookie’! He was pretty good at it – that boy loves cookies!
So, if you are having a little New Year’s Eve party or not, I think these New Year’s Eve ideas would be a fun way to get the family together regardless. I’m hoping we can have a few fun family photos from these activities!