We are in limbo. Shall we stay or should we go? Well, actually this doesn’t seem to be our choice at the moment. I realised that I haven’t updated this little blog with our house news but needless to say…..it started off as a whirlwind and ended, well it hasn’t ended yet, but dwindled to barely a breeze.
We accepted an offer on our house the day after it went on the market but finding a house for us was a little more tricky.
We had too many requirements, too many compromises to make but did eventually find a cracking house with a garden, a vegetable plot and bags of potential. I am sounding like an estate agent but it really does have bags of potential……..if we can only find the time and the money. We were trying to get an extra bedroom, a larger downstairs, a larger garden and all in a nicer area without a mammoth price tag and it feels like this might possibly be in arms reach (albeit with a bright yellow bathroom and checked tartan wallpaper!)
So fast forward through lost buyers, new buyers, bargaining, negotiating and so on and we’re now just waiting. We could be moving in 3 or so weeks but we also might not be and so don’t know whether to even begin packing. Friends have bestowed us with some sought after boxes but I’m both too scared to start packing in case it all falls through and too scared to start packing in case we have to actually leave! I attempted to start the packing process yesterday but it was both too daunting and too tricky to manage with 3 little ones! We-have-too-much-stuff! It’s time for a clear out methinks! However, as I packed one box, the little people unpacked it…..it’s going to be a long 3 weeks! So as we hang on the brink between exchange and a fall through, we wait with baited breath to see if it all comes together and whether we get our doer upper. Then let all the decorating dreams begin!
Here’s my little pirate and ballerina helping with the packing!