Way back when I started this blog, it was going to become a visual record of all the lovely things in the world. That was the main reason for the title of my blog as it was before which was ‘list of lovely things’, because I was forever writing lists of things on the back of receipts and filling notebooks. My friend, Louise and I used to keep a ‘bag of ideas’ under our beds when we were at University. A paper bag full of making ideas, photos, and projects that we hoped to one day complete. Unfortunately, that bag is now somewhere in the loft with ideas, yet to be started!
In the time of social media, there are so many brilliant things that people make, create and post and although we are all aware of the negative effects of social media, I felt I wanted to celebrate the beautiful and interesting things that I see both in real life and online…….anything from an amusing video to the wonderful talents of makers and crafters out there.
So I’ve started a new post, one that I hope to do every now and then where I store all the lovely things that I hope to showcase and not forget!
A little aside: Please note that I have not been paid or asked to promote these products in any way – I just like them!
Lovely Things in January
1. All my favourite things…..vintage, snail mail and handmade are packaged in this fantabulous subscription box service that is on my list to try for 2016! They package up super cute gifts full of surprises and post them out to you. Each month follows a theme (Janaury’s theme sounds fab – DONUTS!) I think it’s such a brilliant gift idea too and I know many lovely ladies in my life who might just be getting this as a birthday pressie this year……………..
2. My little people are obsessed with measuring themselves! Finlay is always annoyed that his shadow is taller than him in the sun! What a better way for children to measure themselves than with these eco-friendly height charts from Madame Chalet. You can’t beat a bit of nostalgic decor to brighten kid’s bedroom walls!
3. As you will know from my previous house moving post, I am drooling over anything kitchen related in the hope of one day getting a new kitchen to replace the yellow monstrosity in our new house. And what better to decorate a new kitchen with than a Tangerine Dream caddy from Mini Moderns. I love the colours of their kichenware.
4. I am kicking myself that I missed out on one of my favourite stores The Makery’s, stocking filler kits this Christmas! I didn’t realise they had increased their stock so much, so I’m pinning this as a definite for next year! But I was also intrigued by their handmade lampshade kit as we have so many new lampshades needed for our new house, that I might give making my own one a whirl!
5. My 2016 resolution is to finish a scrapbook that I started in 2014! I have reams of printed photos looking for a scrapbook home and so I’m on a mission to look for cute and quirky scrapbook materials. And as a lover of all things stationery, I am loving this new stationery shop ‘The Daydreaming Doodler’ who sell gorgeous delights such as these Macaron Eraser’s or check out their page for vintage-esque pencil cases.
6. Lastly, is this fabulous video that made me giggle out loud! Having been ‘an upstairs neighbour’ and been told off for making too much noise walking around on wooden floorboards (!)……I wish I had had this video to hand! Check out this short film to enterain you in January.
So that’s my round up for January! What lovely things have you found to kick start your 2016? I’ll be adding more lovely things to my Pintrest Board ‘Lovely Things’ here. If you have any ideas for future Round Ups, please let me know!