Spring has sprung! Today was such a beautiful day, really sunny and totally fresh and spring-like. We’ve been getting ready for Easter here by making some cute Easter egg craft cards. The little ones loved the fact that the chicks open and close and I felt we’d gone all retro by re-discovering the butterfly clip! Do you remember them? Am I only the one who feels like we haven’t seen a butterfly clip in a while?
If you’d like to make an Easter Chick Card….all you need is:
- Tissue paper
- Butterfly clip
- Orange paper.
- Firstly, cut an egg shape out of card and then cut a zig zag pattern down the middle to separate the egg.
- Decorate both these halves with screwed up tissue paper on white glue or you can decorate with ribbons, feathers whatever you like!
- Draw a chick shape and decorate with a beak and eyes before sticking behind the bottom half of your egg.
- Glue feathers either side of your chick or decorate with wool and ribbons.
- Using a butterfly clip, join the two halves of the egg in one corner so that you can open and shut it!
- Ta dah! You now have a cute opening Easter egg card!